Tuesday, April 29, 2008

#22 (WEEK 9) Explore eBooks and Audio eBooks

This was much more entertaining than I thought it would be...

At first I thought,"Download html eBooks? for free? I can do this at my county library. This is no big deal!"

But then I searched. And found Kafka, movies of atomic testing, and jpegs of the cave drawings in France. I realized that Project Gutenberg was providing me a glimpse of the past. My own past reminding me of reading Kafka in high school. Our nation's past as I watched the frightening movies of atomic testing in the 1950's. And mankind's past as I looked at the pictures of the cave drawings. The best part? Knowing that I could share all of this if I followed a few simple rules.

I strongly recommend reading the Gutenberg webpage distinguishing between free of charge and freedom of use. Classroom teachers definitely prefer freedom of use.


Not copyrighted in the United States. If you live elsewhere check the laws of your country before downloading this ebook.

I really enjoyed this task.

Out

No comments: